The 2020 Moree Show has been postponed amid the growing coronavirus pandemic.
While the show won't go on in April this year, it has been postponed until August 14 and 15.
Moree Show Society made the decision to postpone this year's show following a meeting on Saturday.
"We have spent considerable time reviewing over all options," Moree Show Society said in a statement.
"We understand how important ag shows are to not only our local communities, but also to the traders, exhibitors and members of the showman's guild, whose livelihood heavily rely on ag shows. The last thing we wished to do was cancel altogether.
"We've come to this decision with the best interests of our community, sponsors, supporters and committee given current government restrictions in place involving COVID-19."
Given the fluidity of the current situation, Moree Show Society will be keeping the public updated on any further changes closer to the new show dates.
"We would like to take this opportunity to thank our sponsors for their generosity and continued support," the Show Society said.
"Also, to the public for your understanding and patience at this difficult time."
As a result of the show being postponed, Moree Showgirl applications will be extended to reflect the new dates of the show. Applications were originally due on April 9, but now prospective entrants will have more time to get their entries in.
So far three young women have applied for the competition, and Moree Showgirl competition coordinator Bronte Marshall is hoping to hold their entries until August.
The Showgirl Luncheon, which was scheduled for April 19, will also be rescheduled to reflect the new show dates.
If anyone is interested in the Moree Showgirl competition, email email@example.com.
Meanwhile, Ms Marshall, who was set to represent Moree and zone four at the 2020 state showgirl final was disappointed to hear about the cancellation of this year's Sydney Royal Easter Show.
"I am disappointed that it is cancelled however it is in everyone's best interest that all health precautions are taken," Ms Marshall said.
Although the show is cancelled, Ms Marshall will still get the opportunity to compete, with the state showgirl competition to be held in a different format.
"We are yet to receive correspondence regarding when the competition will be postponed to and what kind of platform it will be held, however the organisers have reassured us that they will be working hard to provide all finalists a worthy experience and ensure that we are recognised as rural NSW ambassadors," Ms Marshall said.