Early Childhood Teacher
Full Time Position
We are looking for an energised Early Childhood Teacher to join the educative team at Goodstart Eaton. As the Teacher you will deliver high quality and inclusive learning programs using contemporary teaching theories, strategies and styles, knowledge of child development and alignment to the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and National Quality Standard (NQS).
About our Centre
Goodstart Early Learning Eaton is located in the heart of Eaton and has Glen Huon Primary School and Eaton Community College directly across the road. We are close to local schools and shops as well as main roads and public transport.
We pride ourselves in always being motivated and friendly; we are constantly updating our skills and researching new learning and play ideas. We offer a range of services to each family, including exciting educational programs for all age groups and a variety of events and activities that make us part of the great community we live in.
- Goodstart Eaton is an EXCEEDING 99 place centre
- This position is based in the Nursey 2 room with around 12-15 ratio
- Friendly and supportive team at the centre
- Full time – 38 hours a week - on a flexible roster
- On site parking available, public transport also close by
Role Overview/ Responsibilities
- Lead and model the selection and implementation of effective pedagogical approaches to support children’s learning and development outcomes.
- Design and implement engaging learning programs using knowledge of content, curriculum, children’s needs, assessment and reporting requirements.
- Champion positive and meaningful relationships with children.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to plan, evaluate and enhance learning outcomes for children.
- Develop engaging and inclusive learning environments that reflect the strengths, interests and needs of all children.
- Develop, select and use a range of informal, formal, diagnostic, formative and summative assessment strategies to assess children’s learning and maintain high quality pedagogical documentation.
- Establish and maintain respectful collaborative partnerships with families to assess and support children’s learning and wellbeing.
- Maintain a safe environment for children, families and team members.
- Contribute to a professional and positive work culture
- Hold a Bachelor of Early Childhood or equivalent qualification (ACECQA approved)
- Hold a valid WWCC
- Hold an up to date Professional Teachers Accreditation (state applicable)
What Goodstart can offer you
There are so many reasons to join the Goodstart family. Let’s start with the benefits!
- Teacher accreditation/registration - we offer state-specific support to help you through this process
- Competitive pay - you’ll get paid on par with state primary school teachers
- Paid professional development - we offer a range of opportunities to grow your skills and your career
- Wellbeing focus - you’ll get two extra days off per year, and our dedicated wellbeing program will ensure you get the support you need, when you need it most
- Additional leave - you’ll have the option to purchase extra leave for even greater work life balance
- 4 weeks paid parental leave – increasing to 6 weeks from December 2023
- Retail and childcare discounts - you’ll save money on insurance, travel and technology, and get 50% discount off your childcare gap fees
You’ll also love:
- Centre support - dedicated support and guidance on a range of topics, such as safety, teaching and inclusion, delivered face to face or virtually by our centre support team
- Security and stability - with over 670 centres across Australia, you’ll have the support of a large network and the stability of a respected organisation
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more do not hesitate to reach out to Jenna Fennell at Jfennell@goodstart.org.au
Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and expect all our employees to reflect this commitment. Should you strive to uphold and reflect these values then we would love to hear from you!