About the Role
Ventia are seeking a SHEQ Advisor for the Bowen Basin to deliver on the SHEQ requirements of the program utilising systems and process to foster an integrated approach to SHEQ management in delivering legal, contractual and business requirements. The SHEQ Advisor works fulltime on a 5:2-days or 10:4-days FIFO / DIDO roster and roams between the Moranbah, Middlemount and Moura sites. Flights or vehicle are provided for this role.
• Inform and implement the Safety and Health Management Plans across the project
• Undertake aspects of Environment and Quality function
• Undertake investigations in relation to safety related incidents or issues and provide recommendations through the contract leadership team. Engaging with Ventia SHEQ were appropriate.
• Ensuring risk assessments and risk registers are maintained and all records are managed in accordance with Company requirements
• Assist in delivering the audit program and facilitating audit inspections and reports
• Develop and deliver safety related training when required including new starter induction, tool box talks and pre start meetings
• Facilitation of Risk assessments and support in the development of Safe Work Instructions
• Review and monitor SHEQ statistical data through Venita's Safety Management system in the form of weekly and monthly reporting both internally and externally
• Participation in LLC (Leader Lead Conversations) and field orientated walkdowns
Experiences & Qualifications
• Tertiary Qualification in Workplace / OHS, Environmental or Quality or Equivalent
• Demonstrated experience in safety / environment / quality or relevant industry role
• Formal training in incident investigation - ICAM preferred
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and a positive team culture
What's in it for you
A coherent team culture with a real sense of community, engagement and a home away from home feel. We are committed to attracting and retaining the best and offer genuine career progression by investing in our people at every stage of their career. We provide opportunities to upskill and train in village management, hard and soft FM and hospitality as well as opportunities for multi-skilling across different areas of our project. We are passionate about supporting others to realize their full potential.
We offer fulltime employment, above award rates of pay, options for overtime and a variety of lifestyle rosters. We provide all your meals and accommodation whilst on shift giving you more time and money to do what you love!
At Ventia we value our people and provide a range of benefits to help you look after yourself and your family as you build a rewarding career with us. In joining our team, you can expect:
• Paid parental leave (for both primary and secondary carers)
• Access to our village's fantastic lifestyle options including gyms, yoga, cultural and health and wellbeing programs with a focus on mental health through our mental health peer support network
• Access to discounted gym membership and discounted private health insurance
• Access to a variety of learning & development opportunities
• For our leaders' access to Ventia's Essential Leader Program and Ventia's Women Leading program
• Study Assistance
• Discounted travel
• Novated leases and discounted car purchases
• Preventative healthcare (flu vaccines & quit smoking programs)
• Professional advisors & employee assistance program (EAP)
• Salary sacrifice on super contributions and salary continuance insurance
Every person that joins us on the Ventia journey has a unique and powerful impact on how we as an organisation provide vital services not only to our clients but also within our communities.
Needless to say, our strength is in the type of person our culture attracts, who rallies around our purpose, and who are empowered to pursue that purpose through a multitude of avenues.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They're the spirit behind every action and intention here at Ventia, helping us to create a workplace where everyone can thrive. No matter what someone's role is, where they're based or what their goals are, our values act as a universal guide to help our teams do the best work of their life at Venita.
• Collaboration - We achieve more together
• Integrity - We do what's right
• Challenge - We drive to deliver
• Ingenuity - We create better ways
Ventia's facilities management solutions enables our clients across a broad range of sectors to focus on their core business. We provide facility management services including; building and open space maintenance, operations, asset management, project management and delivery services.
Our client, Anglo American are a leading global mining company with a portfolio of world-class coal mining operations and undeveloped resources. Anglo American produces and exports the highest quality hard coking coal around the world to be used for steel production for critical building and infrastructure.
Ventia provide Hard and Soft FM services including village maintenance and accommodation to a number of Anglo American sites across the Bowen Basin.
If you have the above skills and experience, we would love to hear from you. Click the apply button on this page.
Position Reference Number: 127931