This large, stable organisation has been given increased government funding to enable them to provide essential services to the population on Western Australia. This has created a new role in one of their construction teams for a capable Contract Manager.
- Act as the subject matter expert for commercial/contract matters.
- Provide advice to the contract owners on contract strategy, pre-qualification, tendering and administration and close out of contracts, in accordance with established policies.
- Review and manage contractor performance in compliance with the contract and assist with compliance with operational requirements.
- Ensure procurement and contracting policies are adhered to, business deadlines are met, whilst conforming to best practice.
- Maintain close liaison with Project Management functions.
- Lead tender activities including the sourcing of contractors, drafting of commercial documents.
- Carry out negotiations with contractors to secure the preferred outcomes.
- Prepare and execute contract documents, including the preparation of internal approval documentation, as required.
Essential selection criteria:
- Extensive knowledge of contracting principles, theories and concepts.
- Strong contract formation & negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with various types of contracts, construction or legal disciplines, with extensive experience with engineering, or project contracts.
- Strong contractor management and contracts administration knowledge and experience.
On offer is a salary around $140k + super + flexitime + work from home. They offer a collaborative, flexible and safe work environment within a large organisation and are committed to equal opportunity employment. You will receive opportunities for development and training, use your skills and develop new ones to meet the challenges of an organisation delivering an essential service to the people of Western Australia.
LHS 297508 #2579407