Just under 200 people came together on Saturday to bask in the beautiful spring sunshine while enjoying a five-course taste of the Moree region.
The sell-out Moree on a Plate Long Lunch once again proved why it’s one of the most anticipated events of the year on Moree’s social calendar, with guests enjoying delicious food from around the region in the picturesque gardens of Moree Plains Gallery.
Moree on a Plate president Bethany Kelly said the weather couldn’t have been more perfect for what was once again another successful day, which is all about putting on an event for the community to celebrate local producers.
“It was excellent; it was a fantastic day, thoroughly enjoyed by all,” she said.
“The weather always seems to be beautiful on the first weekend of spring.”
Local chefs Toby Osmond and Kate Goodhew created the delicious menu using produce from around the region, while A Tasty Surprise did the cheeseboards – the final course of the day.
Ms Kelly said the food was delicious, with the committee receiving excellent feedback.
“The food was lovely, [each course] was great,” she said.
“People were really excited and are already asking about next year.”
Local band Contingency Plan provided the entertainment on the day and had everyone up and dancing to work off some of the food.
Bec Quilty was the lucky winner of the raffle – two return flights from Narrabri donated by Fly Corporate.
Ms Kelly said the raffle was the beginning of fundraising for next year’s Moree on a Plate, set for the Mother’s Day weekend, on Saturday, May 12, 2018. The Moree on a Plate AGM will be in October.
The five-course menu:
- Antipasto dishes - Arc-en-Ciel trout, assorted Gwydir Grove olives, charred garlic king prawns with Gwydir Grove blood orange oil, and South Moree Butchery cured meats – pastrami and cabana
- Entree – Duck and pork terrine with Pally Pecans and Rothwood pickled cherries, spring salad of Grove Juice oranges, fennel, currants, turmeric, rocket, micro herbs and Gwydir Grove olive oil, and charred Fe Fi Fo breads
- Mains – Sticky pork belly with Grumpy’s Ginger Beer and star anise reduction, roast leg of 3D Lamb rubbed in Gwydir Grove mint and garlic oil with Woolaway relish, and roast pumpkin with Pally Pecans, ginger, tomatoes and lime yogurt
- Desserts – A variety of macarons complemented by a selection of Miss Delicious chocolate shards
- Cheese – A selection of Hunter Belle chesses prepared by A Tasty Surprise
More photos here.